The organization is working on four rights of Children viz. Right to Survival, Right to Development, Right to Protection and Right to Participation since 2007 with Meo- Muslims and SC communities at 21 villages of Nagar block in Bharatpur District. This project is implementing with the grant support from CRY, New Delhi. The main issues of child rights focused are- immunization of children and pregnant women, ensure ANC & PNC, cause of infant & maternal death, birth registration & certification, child malnutrition, enrolment of out of school & drop out children, its retention & mainstreamed, quality education, child marriage, child labour, disability children, children participation at various level, leadership. In every villages of the intervention area children and women groups has been formed and strengthened by building their capacities through regular awareness generation meetings on the above mention issues at community level and block level.
Additional to this various major activities has been integrated like orientation & interface meeting with primary & secondary stakeholders on these issues of children rights through direct action at community level, administration level and networking and advocacy.
Tracking immunization of children & pregnant women through MIS, Haemoglobin level testing among 15- 45 age group of women and grading malnutrition among the children of age group 0-5 years is one of the major activities of the organization. After compilation, the data and record of this activity has been shared to the concern health and WCD departments at block & district level and gave pressure to take action on the matter. Bal Morcha (children groups) has been strengthened by conducting regular meetings, capacity building trainings, workshop on Life Skills Education, leadership & Theatre in Education where the knowledge has been imparted by the method of group work, presentation, role play, value games. Also the children was gave the opportunity to explore new experiences of outside world by taking to exposure trips & development camps & conducting events like Children’s Day, Bal Mela, Rallies where the children took participation with great zeal & enthusiasm.
- 21 Bal morcha and 21 Mahila Shakti Vahini (Women groups) has been formed.
- SMC strengthened and SMC of Rojki village bagged as role model in Nagar block.
- ICDS centre of Jagarka village bagged as best role model in Nagar block.
- Before intervention in the project areas, neither all the children of age 0-6 years present in the village nor severe malnourished children get enrolled at ICDS but now enrolment of all children and severe malnourished children has been initiated due to the efforts of organization team and Mahila Shakti Vahini.
- Increase the rate of complete immunization to 27 %.
- 18 severe malnourished children has been referred to MTC (Malnutrition Treatment Centre.
- Till now 2 AWC, 2 mini centre has been opened and opening of mini centre in 2 villages is in process at the intervention areas.
- Fe folic tablets has been distributed among the anemic women after continuous interaction with the Block medical Officer and CMHO on the basis of the Hb test report conducted by the organization.
- Boundary walls constructed in Govt. schools with the efforts of SMC and community