- You are Now on: HomeBEST PRACTICES
- 76 SHGs in 29 villages have been formed and are functional. They are not only able to support their livelihood but also actively take up the issues related to their villages, especially making Anganwadis functional, regularity of ANMs, etc.
- 21 Bal Morcha and 21 Mahila Shakti Vahini (Women groups) has been formed. Bal Morcha children participate in the various district level, state level and national level forum
SMCs of all intervention villages are strengthened and SMC of one village -Rojki bagged as role model in Nagar block.
- The women have developed as group leaders have been able to communicate the message effectively, aware the community, manage the program efficiently and sustain the initiative so far. Also they join SJJKS staff in conducting training programmes on various aspects of women health. Some of the group members & leaders had joined as AWW, ASHA and Helper.
- Enrolment of all children and severe malnourished children in ICDS has been initiated in all Intervention villages due to the efforts of organization team and Mahila Shakti Vahini.
- In Villages where there were no AWCs, 2 AWC, 2 mini centers has been opened and opening of mini center in 2 villages is in process at the intervention areas.
- In the intervention areas, the girl’s retention in school has increased as a result of intervention with adolescents, they have raised voice and talk to their parents in delaying early marriage and gauna. 68 Girls have stopped their Child Marriage.
- The Adolescents have also become more aware on adolescence health and other reproductive and sexual health.
- The adolescents identified as peer educator has helped in organizing youth forums. Their roles and voices take shape as their youth forums meet and their energies channeled for effective participation at various levels.
- There has been 100% retention of target intervention girls in schools.
- The Girls and their parents have become aware about education and themselves have raised demand for teachers or any other requirements in school. The parents voice their expectations and feedback on the functioning of school and performance of children and mutual agreeable solution has been discussed.
- The gap between the teachers & parents were reduced and during the parents teachers meeting the teachers share the specific achievements and challenges related to each student.